Software developer/architect - Microsoft Azure IoT backend (m/f/d)
As part of the ELFIN Group, a medium-sized group of companies with around 160 employees in Germany, we offer interesting and challenging tasks in a dynamic high-tech environment and growing business. Our employees can develop their talents, develop further and make a valuable contribution to achieving our goals. In the heart of Cologne, we are passionate about developing various smart products for the elevator industry, digital signage, computer vision and building automation. With our products, we connect elevators to the building network and the cloud, guide people through the building and improve elevator safety and emergency call communication for people with disabilities. We are constantly developing the hardware and software of our smart gateways and networked multimedia displays and are happy to show courage in our pursuit of technical innovations. This is how we became the technological market leader in this segment. We would like to further expand this technological lead and are therefore looking for someone to join our team who, like us, enjoys developing smart systems and the latest technologies.
For the migration and further development of the cloud services of our edge controllers, networked displays and emergency call systems, we are looking for an experienced person for our location in Cologne:
Software developer/architect – Microsoft Azure IoT backend (m/f/d)
What you’ll do:
With us, you will develop an architecture for our web services in the Microsoft Azure Cloud, carry out the migration with the team and continuously develop the IoT services.
From conception to migration to scaling, you will be involved in the development and specialise after the induction.
Your possible areas of responsibility will be:
- Development of technical solutions mainly for the backend to meet the desired functional and non-functional requirements
- Development of an AI platform connected to a number of external data sources and sensors, built on top of MS Azure IoT Edge RT
- Design and development of APIs for customer and third-party services and many other channels
- Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or comparable training with professional experience
- Several years of experience with MS Azure IoT Stack (i.e. IoT Edge, IoT Hub, Streaming, Analytics, etc.) and microservices architecture
- Practical knowledge of IoT, IIoT and cloud architectures and an affinity for good code culture and scalable designs
- Data streaming and analytics with the Azure IoT Edge platform
- Development of applications with asynchronous message queue notification, e.g. MQTT
- AI/ML concepts and technologies
- Good knowledge of English
- Programming languages such as Python and Java
- Different databases: RDBMS – PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, etc. NoSQL – MongoDB etc.
- Experience with time-series databases
- API based designs and familiarity with JS-based UI frameworks e.g. B. Ember.js, React
- Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem
- One or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro)
- One or more big data technologies such as Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, and Presto
- Stream processing systems: Spark streaming, etc
- Familiarisation with the job-specific environment
- Flexible working hours and a warm corporate culture without a brute force mentality
- Exciting and dynamic projects
- A creative environment for the personal development of your strengths: The development of creativity and result-oriented work is more important to us than rigid rules and specifications
- Attractive home office regulation: You are welcome to work at our main location in Cologne between the two crane houses, from home or sometimes on the beach in the south
- Family team: We are always happy about a joint visit to the nearby Südstadt after work
- High level of personal responsibility in an extensive project landscape
- Subsidy for the JobTicket
You can start with us right away!
If you would like to tackle new technologies in a dynamic team and are not afraid of creating something that has never existed before, then please send your detailed application documents to email@example.com. If you have any questions, we are at your disposal.
We’re looking forward to receiving your applica
The ELFIN technology Team
Our team is characterized by its motivated employees and the family atmosphere. Team spirit is very important to us! Visit our team page and get to know us.