Software developer - computer vision (m/f/d)
As part of the ELFIN Group, a medium-sized group of companies with around 160 employees in Germany, we offer interesting and challenging tasks in a dynamic high-tech environment and growing business. Our employees can develop their talents, develop further and make a valuable contribution to achieving our goals. In the heart of Cologne, we are passionate about developing various smart products for the elevator industry, digital signage, computer vision and building automation. With our products, we connect elevators to the building network and the cloud, guide people through the building and improve elevator safety and emergency call communication for people with disabilities. We are constantly developing the hardware and software of our smart gateways and networked multimedia displays and are happy to show courage in our pursuit of technical innovations. This is how we became the technological market leader in this segment. We would like to further expand this technological lead and are therefore looking for someone to join our team who, like us, enjoys developing smart systems and the latest technologies.
For the maintenance and further development of our visual emergency call system, we are looking for an experienced person for our location in Cologne:
Software developer – computer vision (m/f/d)
What you’ll do:
With us, you will develop software for embedded displays on a multi-core basis, gateways and sensors. From the GUI to software libraries to driver development, you will be involved in the development and specialize after the induction. Your possible areas of responsibility will be:
- Software architecture, design and testing of low-level sensor drivers and components (Yocto Linux)
- Development of multi-threaded, TCP/IP libraries for real-time image processing and filtering
- Verification and maintenance of the firmware for our communication systems
- Active participation in the system, software concept and architecture reviews
- Further development and maintenance of the automated build and test environment including the production tools (C++, QT)
- Product maintenance and third-level support
- Close cooperation with local and global project teams (occasional on-site visits)
Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or comparable training with professional experience
Several years of experience in C++ software development for embedded Linux devices, e.g. in industrial image processing
Excellent understanding of firmware design (embedded and Linux)
Advanced experience in device driver development and Ethernet communication
Hands-on experience with source control, build processes and life cycle tools (GIT)
Knowledge of image processing, compression and OpenCV
Good knowledge of English
- Familiarisation with the job-specific environment
- Flexible working hours and a warm corporate culture without a brute force mentality
- Exciting and dynamic projects
- A creative environment for the personal development of your strengths: The development of creativity and result-oriented work is more important to us than rigid rules and specifications
- Attractive home office regulation: You are welcome to work at our main location in Cologne between the two crane houses, from home or sometimes on the beach in the south
- Family team: We are always happy about a joint visit to the nearby Südstadt after work
- High level of personal responsibility in an extensive project landscape
- Subsidy for the JobTicket
You can start with us right away!
If you would like to tackle new technologies in a dynamic team and are not afraid of creating something that has never existed before, then please send your detailed application documents to email@example.com. If you have any questions, we are at your disposal.
We’re looking forward to receiving your applicati
The ELFIN technology Team
Our team is characterized by its motivated employees and the family atmosphere. Team spirit is very important to us! Visit our team page and get to know us.