As the society's call for sustainability and responsible handling of (human) resources becomes more and more louder and dominieering these days, the Zero Hunger Challenge provides an opportunity for companies to prove their Business Commitment and true effort. Since the Zero Hunger Challenge has been launched by the UN Secretary General Ban Ki- Moon in 2012, companies can register themselves as a Supporter and have the possibility to regularly increase their position to become a Participant or even a Champion.
Now ELFIN signed in as a Supporter of the Zero Hunger Challenge and commits to the ZH Declaration:
- We try to offer our consultancy services especially for projects that increase sustainable agriculture, support smallholder farmers or optimize food value chains with a lot of passion.
- We try to partner with local organizations that help nourishing people or reduce food waste.
- We will hold ourselves accountable and take demonstrative, measurable and time- bound action.
By abiding to those principles, ELFIN actively supports the 5 core elements of the Zero Hunger Challenge which will contribute to end hunger and malnutrition!
The 5 core elements from within the Sustainable Development Goals
1. All Food Systems are Sustainable: From Production to Consumption
2. An End to Rural Poverty: Double Small-scale Producer Incomes & Productivity
3. Adapt All Food Systems to Eliminate Loss or Waste of Food
4. Access Adequate Food and Healthy Diets, for all People, all Year Round
5. An End to Malnutrition in all its forms
Read and internalize the following quotations from leading personalities at the 71st United Nations General Assembly - Pathways to
Zero Hunger on September 22!